She runs and she bakes cakes. Oh, and she runs a cake club. Ummmm can we be friends? Meet the lovely Stephanie:
- I started running 9 months ago and it's taken me on a voyage of personal discovery and helped me meet lots of lovely people and make stronger bonds with exisiting friends
- I run because 1. I want to eat cake 2. the gym never worked for me and 3. now I'm addicted. I wear a pair of Brooks Ravennas
- The last run I did was a 10k yesterday morning along the Thames path. It was actually pretty easy, I was feeling sad because I managed to record my slowest ever parkrun on Saturday morning, so decided to go out and not care about pace and just run, when I looked at my phone when I got home I'd managed 10k at the same pace at the parkrun the day before. Cue feelings of elation and relief that I had not lost my ability to run!
- My current fave bit of kit is my iphone armband. Until I save up for a garmin, I use nike+ to track my pace, sometimes its unreliable but better than nothing. As the weather warmed up I was finding less and less pockets in my clothes for my phone!
- I did have a place at Windsor half, which I can't attend so I'm now running 16m at the Kingston Breakfast run in October and I'm thinking about a full marathon in 2014, Brighton?
- Running made me feel alive on Christmas Morning 2012, I'd only been running a few months, but was determined to get out. The whole world seemed to be asleep, I counted the other people I saw on one hand and I glowed with pride all day.
- I participate in Parkrun and Wimbledon Windmillers (only just signed up) and they've helped me meet liked minded people, stay focused and have a new weekend routine, I can't image not doing Parkrun now, and I'm generally pretty grumpy if something stops me!
- I started eating almond butter and nakd bars and other naturally sweet things since I started running and it's changed the way I cook and bake. Now my body does marvellous things I want to give it what it needs, and sometimes it needs cake, but reducing sugar and fat can actually work out really tasty.
- I'm currently obsessed with sweaty betty's free yoga classes and it's keeping my running legs and muscles more flexible and helping me keep calm to my day-to-day life.
- I'm bringing kids apple puree squeezies to this blog, and throwing it down on the table. I wasn't happy taking gels/anything non natural on my half marathon as my body doesn't react well to caffeine. My mum found me some apple purees with easy open lids which I ate half of during Richmond half marathon and it really fuelled me. I'd recommend them - I got mine from decathalon. For some unknown reason I was still clinging to the packet over the finish line.
- I'm currently having issues with speed, I've completely plateaued and
haven't had a PB in ages. In fact my 5k time has been steadily getting slower since February - can anyone offer any tips?
- Finally, here's my inspirational quote. I adapted it from Piglet. It keeps me going on long runs. Now go, run!