This photo was taken during a short 2 mile run round the Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon in Iceland. It was minus 10 at the time. This is my favourite place on earth and have visited it many times.
2. I run because it calms my mind and gives me focus for everything else. I wear a pair of New Balance 940's.
3. The last run I did was 2 weeks ago and I ran 5k. It was a run home from work in the dark which I love because that's the easiest time for me to fit my training in!
4. My current fave bit of kit is my new iPod nano strap. I can run with music properly for the first time!
5. I'm training for a half triathlon in April and eyeing up the Reykjavik Marathon next August.
6. Running makes me feel alive every time I run. I reminds me that I can be more than I am. The harder the run, the better I feel afterwards.
7. I'm currently listening to film scores by John Williams! Surprisingly not running music at all, but very powerful and motivational. It carries me along and I get lost in the narrative of the music. Sometimes I even forget I am actually running.
8. I've recently started drinking/eating extra virgin coconut oil. Amazing stuff. Cholesterol free, great for rehydrating the skin, weight loss, joints, energy, muscles, just about everything! 2 teaspoons in the morning off the spoon with breakfast - my health is better than it's ever been. I highly recommend getting this stuff in your diet!
9. I'm currently obsessed with a new book called The Chimp Paradox by Dr Steve Peters who worked with the Olympic GB Cycling team. It teaches you how to re programme your brain to help you accomplish all of your goals.
10. I'm bringing lemon detox to this blog, and throwing it down on the table. Juice of one lemon in a glass every day - a secret to recovery after runs.
11. I'm currently having issues with knees! Always a common problem I think. I am not naturally light framed so any running technique tips greatly appreciated...
You can find Simon on twitter, via his website, or in his tiny universe!