My next runner is an instagram buddy of mine, Lucy Turner. She's a fellow lover of outrageous running tights and she's running a half marathon this weekend after completing some serious tempo training. Over to you, Lucy:
Hello, I'm Lucy and I live in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. For work I'm a Marketing Team Leader for a local company. I'm a 25 year old figuring out my little place in the world, in between work, workouts and wine...oh, and the occasional nap.
1. I started running 1.5 years ago and it's shown me a new side to the area I live in, as well as race locations around the country!
2. I run because it relaxes me and I wear a pair of Saucony ProGrid Jazz shoes. So far I've collected the 14, 15 and 16 releases, and I love them all.
3. The last race I did was the Bacchus Half Marathon. It was exhilarating because it combined wine tasting with fancy dress and a whole lot of hills.
4. My current fave bit of kit is my newest Buff, which does a good job of keeping my short hair out of the way when I exercise.
5. I'm training for a great race at Gosport Half Marathon this weekend, the first race I'll be doing for the second time.
6. Running made me feel alive the first time I ran outside instead of a treadmill - I couldn't believe I was doing it without keeling over!
7. I'm currently listening to Gift Horse by Stephen Kellogg and The Sixers when I run. It makes me smile.
8. I participate in the BOSH running group on Facebook and it has helped me stay excited about running and meet likeminded people.
9. I started eating sweet potatoes instead of pasta after running and it's finally stopped me being ravenous all day after long runs. I definitely recommend thinking outside the box on the carb front.
10. I'm currently obsessed with getting focused and calm using the Headspace app and it's making me want to tell others about it. It's nice to sometimes achieve the quietness I get from running while on the sofa in my pyjamas.
11. I'm bringing Body Pump to this blog, and throwing it down on the table. I've just discovered it and it's making me stronger all over in a way that running alone has never done.
12. I'm currently having issues with one side of my hip (I think it's my piriformis) - can anyone offer any tips?
13. Finally, here's my inspirational quote. It reminds me that in a week's time, or a month's time, I'll be glad I got off the sofa and started something today. Now go, run!
You can find Lucy on twitter, instagram and over at her blog. Thanks dude!!!